Excerpt 14 : Hypothesis

June 23, 2015

5. Try not to get overly attached to a hypothesis just because it’s yours. It’s only a way station in the pursuit of knowledge. Ask yourself why you like the idea. Compare it fairly with the alternatives. See if you can find reasons for rejecting it. If you don’t, others will. - Carl Sagan
*

I love hypothesis. I love how raw and random it be. I love how it doesn't end with a strict summary and opens a lot more possibilities. I love how it tickles my mind and raise my curiosity. I love how I don't have to say one final answer and put a full-stop. I love how it might be wrong and it might be right, but it doesn't matter, because after all, it is just a hypothesis. 

It is like Einstein telling me; "Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."

Hypothesis seems like an idea to go to places where you'll have reasons to find any answers possible and you have the ticket to be wrong or right. If you never did wrong, then how would you know that you are right? If you close your mind to just accepting the summary decided by other people, then how would you enjoy the whole process of having an experiment?

After-all, life should not be like reading a text book written by someone else.
You should craft your own text book.

Post Comment
Post a Comment